Tuesday, June 23, 2009
The flood poem
Years ago H.C. Sword wrote a poem about the 1957 floods that hit Pikeville, Ky. His great-Granddaughter Kathy Deskins holds the antique bible in which she recently found the poem.
Years ago H.C. Sword wrote a poem about the 1957 floods that hit Pikeville, Ky. It was recently found by his great-Granddaughter Kathy Deskins in an antique bible that once belonged to Ileen Potter-Bell.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (114)
- A little golf
- Pulling teeth and seeing eyes
- Kids and Old Men
- Bridge the gap
- The flood poem
- senior citizen pic-nic
- Take a swim?
- some portriats, some features
- flood in the hollow
- something serious, something not so serious
- Selections from Justice wedding after party
- B-ball camp (first day at Appalachian News-Express...
- ▼ June (14)